How cool is Wordpress!

on Saturday, December 29, 2007


Lately I am suffering from what can best be described as ‘creative discontent’, It’s sort of like getting all dressed up with no were to go (although I must emphasize that my party days are long gone).


I have these thoughts and ideas in my head and they pop up at the most inconvenient of times like when I’m feeding baby or digging through a wet load of washing in the washing machine to find that Estee Lauder lipstick which I like so much (yes, that did actually happen today), in other words when I don’t have time to write them down. Time is something that I don’t have much off in any case - unless I make a concerted effort to take some for myself. That is what I have decided to do because how else will I ever find the time to regain my independence if I can’t take some time to formulate my thoughts and ideas.

Fortunately hubby has the whole house connected with wireless so I can carry my laptop around the house with me in an attempt to utilize every spare minute that I can get. Did I mention that I adore the man? He is just the absolute best! In her sleep our little English rose can hear a mosquito fart from a mile away so I usually sit with her when she is having her afternoon snooze (too scared to move), laptop in one hand and baby in the other.

I was on the Business Warrior forum when I came across Indigo Jane’s post about thoughts and making something out of them (thank heavens I’m not the only one with this feeling) so I had a look at her blog - 'Millionaire mum'. I had heard about Wordpress but never found the time to actually try it out but Indigo Jane inspired me – I just had to check out Wordpress! I got completely lost in ‘my weblog’ and a little agitated when hubby came to ask me what was for dinner but first things first – a man has to eat.

Wordpress is absolutely brilliant and really easy to use although I find blogger.com easier. Wordpress really gives a ‘professional’ look and allows for more creativity, I’m still playing around with it but have decided to stick to blogspot.com because I am more familiar.

Blogs have become so popular and user friendly that I wonder why people even bother with websites anymore. Create a nice looking blog with some affiliates links and voila – you have an online business! If only it was that easy.....

0 comments: