Slowly does it

on Monday, January 26, 2009

Ok, so I believe the famous last words went something like 'I'll be back sooner then last time'. Uhum, well, managed to embarrass myself there didn't I!

Much later.....but we have managed to get the little English rose into creche for three full days and two half days per week. I have started gym again and am enjoying it. The Herbal Life shake I take every morning is really working for me (noooot another Herbal Life die hard I hear you say).

I visited my parents in Spain for Christmas. It was great for a holiday but noticed the restaurants along the beach promenade seemed to be taking a little strain fighting for customers. Lots of properties for sale.

At some point last year I signed up to do a 'communication work course' in 2009 with the University of Bergen but decided to withdraw. I really wanted to do it but we have so many ideas and plans for the year that will take up all of my time when they start happening.

Today I saw a translation position available at the South African Embassy in Oslo and was just itching to apply for it but it's the wrong time for me. They were really looking for a qualified translator (which I'm not yet) so maybe I'm not quite what they are looking for but it sounded interesting. Any other takers? It's on finn.no. if you are interested.

I am besotted with my little English rose at the moment. Although she is all time consuming and demanding - she is also just pure joy and happiness.

Hubby's birthday is coming up next month. I tried to get tickets for the BIC Riverdance but they were nearly fully booked. There were a few tickets left in not so nice places and they cost more than a weekend in Paris so I decided to scrap that idea. I think sushi in Southampton will have to do.

Tomorrow I'm off to visit a South African friend who is due to have her baby in two weeks time. I have been diligently packing our little English rose's old stuff away in the garage for the occasion.

I'm slowly getting where I want to be - not quite as quickly as I had anticipated but - slowly does it.....

0 comments: